If you’ve been following this blog for a while then you’ll remember I did a post way-back-when about crystal elixirs and how to make them yourself (you know – so you don’t have to go out and spend $20 + on a teeny, tiny bottle that you might only use once or twice).
Today, I want to share a few recipes that I’ve put together personally and have either used myself, given to friends and family members or have used with animals clients. They’re all completely safe to try, so feel free to experiment with them no matter what sorts of prescriptions you or your animal might be on or whatever sorts of health issues you might be dealing with.
However, there are a couple of things you should keep in mind when using crystal elixirs. First, if you’re going to give them to an animal be sure to give the animal one dish of water with the crystal elixir in it and one dish of their regular drinking water. Animals are especially sensitive to energetic medicine and should always be given a choice as to whether or not they want to receive it. (This is actually one of my pet peeves when it comes to crystal collars – the animal can’t remove it themselves if the energy makes them uncomfortable). Secondly, Don’t take more than 3 elixirs at any given time. Why? Because they’ll start canceling each other out. You won’t get the benefits of any of them if you start ODing on essences. Which probably sounds really nice if you’re used to prescription meds and all the side effects and precautions that accompany those little bastards.
Here are 3 recipes for you to play with (always remember that if you’re not sure if a stone you want to use is toxic or not, use the indirect method when creating your elixir):
Recipe Number 1: Responsive – Answering The Call
Animals with major self-esteem issues always seem to take a shine to this one. It was actually channeled from Michael, my Guardian Angel, and he gave the following info about it’s effects/uses.
- New opportunities
- New ideas
- Opening up to possibilities
- Realization of skills
- New songs rising from the depths of one’s soul
- Creative endeavors explored
- Temptations superseded by love, talent, charisma, benevolence
- small Herkimer Diamond
- Amethyst with a point
- Purple Agate
- Lemurian Crystal
Recipe Number 2: Narrow Ambitions
When I make a crystal elixir, I normally just intuitively pick whatever stones are going to go into it, and that’s how I made this particular one. It was created especially with my dog, Dolce, in mind – although I wasn’t sure exactly what purpose the elixir would serve or what effects it would have. I just wanted to let my dog try a crystal elixir (Btw, he fricking LOVED it – he would lick his bowl dry). I thought it was pretty hilarious when I channeled Charlotte’s breakdown of the uses for this because Dolce is SUCH. A. BRAT.
- Making things right
- Narrowing the chase
- Pursuit of something real
- Passion and integrity in all odds
- Minding one’s keepers, one’s handlers, one’s authorities
- When one is too unwieldy
- Embracing one’s true strength within
- Keeping time with the beat
- Being true to one’s honour and inward blessing
- Being easy to handle, easy to control
- large, flat Amethyst
- tumbled Amethyst
- 4 small Quartz points
- Herkimer Diamond
Recipe Number 3: Heart Chakra Blossoming
I actually just put this one together this afternoon and haven’t had a chance to try it yet! I made it with the intention of attracting someone delicious into my life (hubba-hubba), so I’m excited to give it a whirl.
- Bringing to you all that is real, all that is intended to be yours
- Divine power and persistence in meeting your goals
- Feelings of ultimate worth
- A lover by your side
- Deepening of bonds of romance
- Widening of social circle
- Lightening of the path
- Fueling the desire to get out there and meet more people
- Honouring your attempts to let go and revel in your cause
- Receiving your intended devotion/devotee
- Bringing into your awareness all that is going on around you, and within you
- Being the best you can possibly be
- Being devoted to your cause, to your great call
- Being aware of your surroundings, and the fortunes they hold
- Blue Goldstone
- 2 tumbled Rose Quartz
- Clear Quartz ball
Have fun with these, experiment with them and try coming up with a few of your own. The really cool thing about making crystal or gem elixirs is that you don’t even have to know what their purpose is going to be or what they’ll be beneficial for – you just need to have the person/animal in mind that you would like to give it to and you’ll naturally pick the stones or crystals that they needs at that time. If you’d like to learn the step-by-step process for making crystal elixirs – or crystal essences, or gem elixirs, etcetera, etc. – you can watch the video I made here.
Leave me a comment below and let me know how these worked out for you! Or even share your own favourite elixir recipes that you’ve come up with.
Go make some magic and have some crazy times.